Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mapo Korean Restaurant: Kinky Chicken


Mapo Korean Restaurant, Gouger street, Adelaide
My boyfriend and I went to Mapo on a whim last year for dinner. We got a very nice table which was meant to be reserved but I guess someone cancelled so we got lucky! We got a nice quiet candle lit corner with gorgeous table decorations. For our table we needed to remove our shoes before entering the corner. Other regular tables did not need to do this but we felt like we were in a true traditional Korean restaurant from this. As you walk into the restaurant they bang a gong and all yell out a welcome. My parents tell me this is customary in Japan so I assume the same for Korea.

My boyfriend ordered the Kinky Chicken, It was delicious. The presentation was gorgeous and it didn't look like much on the plate but he was left very full. It was not over cooked or dry, the drizzle of multicoloured sauces (cranberry, balsamic and mayonnaise) went surprisingly well together and with the chicken. The whole experience including this dish rates quite highly.

We rate this dish 4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment